An integrated package of services is to be provided to adolescent girls as follows:
- Nutrition provision
- Iron and Folic Acid (IFA) supplementation
- Health check-up and Referral services
- Nutrition & Health Education (NHE)
- Counseling/Guidance on family welfare, ARSH, child care practices and home management
- Life Skill Education and accessing public services
- Vocational training for girls aged 16 and above under NSDP
The objectives of the program are:
- Enable the Adolescent girls for self-development and empowerment
- Improve their nutrition and health status.
- Promote awareness about health, hygiene, nutrition, adolesecent reproductive and sexual health (ARSH) and family and child care.
- Upgrade home-based skills, life skills and integrate with teh National Skill Development Program (NSDP) from vocational skills.
- Mainstream out of school adolescent girls into formal/non formal education.
- Provide information/guidance about existing public services such as PHC, CHC, Post Office, Bank, Police Station, etc.